What is the difference between Instagram Personal and Business accounts?
Instagram offers three types of accounts: Personal, Business, and Creator. Since the Creator type has the same capabilities as Business, we refer to them solely as Personal and Business in Spotlight.
Here's a look at how the Personal and Business differ when being used with Spotlight.
- Display an Instagram feed with posts from your User account, be it personal or business.
- Display an Instagram feed with posts from your Business account.
- Display a feed of posts that use a specific hashtag from all across Instagram.
- Display a feed of posts that your Instagram Business account has been tagged in.
- Display IGTV posts from your Instagram Business account.
- Display your account bio and profile photo in the Spotlight feed header.*
- Display the follower count for your Instagram Business account.
- Display the number of posts on your Instagram Business account.
- Display the number of likes and comments for every post.
- Display the comments on every post.
*Since this is something that we believe should be a free feature and not require a Business account, Spotlight includes the option to set up your own custom bio text and custom profile photo. You can choose to match these with your Instagram account or customize them for each feed on your website. The custom bio text and profile photo used in Spotlight will not change those shown in your Instagram account. Learn more.
An Instagram Business account also has more benefits within Instagram itself, including:
- Access to Instagram insights for your accounts.
- The option to add a contact button to your profile.
- The ability to show your industry on your profile.
- The ability to advertise on Instagram.
- The ability to promote posts on Instagram
- and more.