How to link Instagram feeds to Custom Post Types
The Instagram feed embedded with Spotlight can have selected or all posts link directly to any custom post type on your website.
IMPORTANT: In order to link Instagram posts to custom post types, Spotlight requires a valid Spotlight PRO license.
To do this, open the feed in Spotlight and head to the Promote tab, then:
- Click on a post in the preview area and select the Link promotion type in the popup modal.
- For the Link to option, select the custom post type of your choice from the dropdown.
- Use Search for a [post type] to either select one of the latest 5 posts or start typing to search by title.
- Choose whether to have the custom post type linked directly when someone clicks on the Instagram post (the alternative is to open the popup and show a call-to-action button in the popup sidebar) and whether to have the links Open in a new tab or not.
- Set the Popup box link text or use the default setting. This changes the View on Instagram link that appears at the bottom of the popup lightbox sidebar when not linking to a custom post type directly.
Note: When an Instagram post has a link assigned to it, a link icon will appear in the top right-hand corner of the post in the preview area, but only while on the "Promote" step. This icon won’t show up in the live feed displayed on your site.
That's it. Once embedded on your website, all Instagram photos with a custom post type assigned to them will link directly to those posts.